At The Daisy Network Charity we are committed to protecting your privacy. All information we hold concerning you as an individual will be held and processed by The Daisy Network strictly in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
In this policy, you’ll find important information about your personal rights to privacy, and how and why we use your personal information.
It’s up to you whether you choose to give us your personal information. But if you don’t, we may not be able to give you a complete service.
If you want us delete personal information we hold about you or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We collect information about you when you:
- – interact with us online
- – register with us
- – communicate with us
- – make a donation
- – take part in an event
- – apply to volunteer with us
When you visit this website, we automatically collect the following personal information:
technical information, including:
- – the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet
- – your browser type and version
- – your time zone setting
- – browser plug-in types and versions
- – your operating systems and platforms
- – information about your visit to our website, including:
- – the uniform resource locator (URL) clickstream to, through and from this site (including date and time)
products/services you viewed and searched for
- – page response times
- – download errors
- – length of visits to certain pages
- – referral sources (how you arrived at the website)
- – page interaction information (such as scrolling and clicks)
- – methods used to browse away from the page
What is personal information?
We collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- – Your name and email address
- – Financial information, such as bank details or credit/debit card details where you provide this to make a payment (although banking and credit/debit card details will not be stored)
- – Information about your computer/mobile device and your visits to and use of this website, including for example your IP address and geographical location
- – Information about our services which you use/which we consider of interest to you
- – Information as to whether you are a tax payer so that we can claim Gift Aid.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to:
- – provide you with services, products or information you’ve asked us for
- – provide further information about our work, services, activities or products
- – allow you to purchase goods
- – process your donations
- – further our charitable aims, including for fundraising activities
- – research the impact and effectiveness of our work and services
- – register, administer and personalise online accounts
- – register and administer your participation in events you’ve registered for
- – administer and keep our website safe and secure and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- – improve your interactions with our website, for example by making sure that content is presented in the most relevant and effective manner for you and for your computer/mobile device
- – report on the results and impact of our work, services and events
- – analyse and improve our work, services, activities, products or information (including our website) or for our internal records
- – use IP addresses and monitor website use to identify locations, block disruptive use, record website traffic or personalise the way information is presented to you
- – to process your application for a volunteer role with us
- – training and/or quality control
- – audit and/or administer our accounts
We will not send you marketing emails. We will only email you to notify you of services and events that you are entitled do as a member. These include newsletters, live chat sessions and reduced Daisy Day tickets. If you no longer wish to receive these you can cancel your membership by contacting email@example.com
Donations and other payments
When you use our secure online donation or payment pages, you’ll be directed to a specialist supplier company, who will receive your credit card number and contact information to process the transaction. We don’t retain your credit or debit card details.
How long do we keep your personal information?
In general, if we no longer need your information for the reasons you gave it to us, we remove your personal information from our records six years after the date it was collected.
But we’ll remove it sooner if:
- – your personal information is no longer required for the purpose you shared it with us
- – we’re no longer lawfully entitled to process it
- – you ask us to remove it
Will we share your personal information?
We never share, sell or rent your information to third parties for marketing purposes.
However, in general we may disclose your personal information to selected third parties in order to achieve the other purposes set out in this policy.
These may include (among others):
- – healthcare professionals, medical researchers and organisations involved in the provision of care and/or medical research
- – analytics and search engine providers
- – IT service providers
- – other beneficiaries, executors and legal advisers, when administering a legacy
Who can see my personal information?
Only appropriately volunteers and IT suppliers can access your information. It is stored on secure servers with features to prevent unauthorised access.
Where is my personal information stored?
In general, the personal information that we collect from you will be stored at a destination within the UK or European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Changes to this Notice
We may update this Policy from time to time so please check back periodically. We will notify you of significant changes by placing a notice on our website. This Policy was last updated in May 2018.
Links and third parties
This website contains links to third party websites for which the The Daisy Network is not responsible, nor do we necessarily endorse the content expressed within them. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of linked pages. Nor does it imply that The Daisy Network Charity recommends or endorses a particular company. This Policy does not cover external websites and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those sites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any external websites you visit via links on our website.
All information contained on this site is intended for general purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice or a medical examination. Always seek the advice of your consultant, GP, or other qualified health professional before starting any new treatment. Medical information changes rapidly and while The Daisy Network make efforts to update the content on the site; some information may become updated before it is reflected on our website. Remember to always seek the opinion of a medical doctor.
The Daisy Network
Registered Charity Number 1077930: PO Box 71432, London, SW6 9HJ